Responsibilities or duties include:
* Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics; novel algorithms; extremely large datasets; real-time systems; or business management information systems, based upon documented requirements.
* Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports.
* Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and the use of COTS/GOTS software in lieu of new development.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
* Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
* End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
* Ensures software standards are met.
* TS/SCI with poly
* U.S. citizenship required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely-related discipline required
* Travel - Minimal travel required for this position
Experience in the following technologies and areas:
* Software development in Java development environments, working in multiple-organization environments, developing documentation
* Designing multi- layered, complex systems, integrating COTS and open-source software, and developing complex analytics systems
* Demonstrated experience with COTS and open source tools, to include: Accumulo, MongoDB, Redis, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, Tomcat, Nginx, Kafka, Infoshpere Streams, Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA, Jenkins
* Experience with software development with Cooperative Analysis Models
* Experience with development of all aspects of data analytics, user interface capabilities, ontology services, and government data analysis tools
* Demonstrated success working in Agile development environments