Duties and responsibilities
* Drawing on professional experience, support the assessment, recommendation, adoption, and integration of a relevant and performant software engineering tools for team use, including an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, a versioning system like GIT, and a deployment tool such as Jenkins
* Work on integrated product teams across organizational boundaries using modern software engineering methodologies (SDLC, Agile), provide regular status reports, lead successful customer demonstrations that result in customer acceptance of team products
* Draw on professional experience to define, architect, and design complex software systems, system components, and analytic tools to meet customer requirements, including integration of open source software tools like MongoDB, Redis, MapReduce, Kafka, and related products
* Ensure the timely and accurate development of system documentation, including code comment and user manuals, as well as instructional and briefing materials as appropriate for any delivered product
* Establish and enforce standards for software development, code comments, bug reports, code reviews, and software assurance processes
* TS/SCI with Poly
* U.S. citizenship required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline and twenty (20) years or more software development experience, Master's and twelve (12) years or more experience, or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization.
* Must also have 10 years of direct experience with specific operating systems, such as Unix and Linux variants, Microsoft Windows server and workstation, Mac OSX, Android, and IOS.
* Must also have recent experience with computer graphics, 3d modeling, GPU programming, and graphics application programming.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with Accumulo, Angular, NodeJS, JBoss, Scala, Storm, Spark, Docker, Fireworks, and related software
* Experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Oculus Rift, HoloLens, large-scale display walls, and related hardware
* Experience developing visualization analytics, streaming data processing, ontology services, user interfaces
* Experience with client's data processing requirements, including SIGINT
Travel - Minimal travel required for this position