Information Engineer – Level II
IT 70 LCAT:
Enterprise Solutions Engineer IV
Years of Experience:
The Windows Laptop Service Engineer Support Engineer will primarily be responsible for the overall design, maintenance and support of Windows 10 laptop solution that will be managed off the Windows Domain using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. Design responsibilities include designing Windows 10 Out Of The Box experience to allow low-touch/no-touch deployment to end users; non-domain infrastructure solution; cloud-based infrastructure support; assist with software distribution infrastructure, update lifecycle management; Anti-Virus end point protection security suite; as well as provide senior level operational support.
Preferred Qualifications for Position Include:
- The Windows Laptop Service Engineer is expected to design and support a Windows 10 laptop solution that:
- Integrates with an MDM for device management
- Leverages Windows Out Of The Box experience for easy deployment to end-users with no IT resources required at end-user distribution point.
- Leverages virus protection solution that meets Census security standards and is delivered without requiring VPN or domain access.
- Managed without the use/connection of Census on-prem Windows domain
- Does not require VPN for security updates or software patching
- Receives OS updates without domain connectivity
- Provides system audit log information back to Census without domain connectivity.
- The Windows Laptop Service Engineer will:
- Collaborate with TCO and OIS to design solution which meets USCB network and security requirements
- Lead the ATO process from the Technical Integrator team
- Lead technical presentations for Review Board approvals.
- Ensures adequate infrastructure monitoring, reporting, and alerting systems are in place on the Laptop device. Identifies the need for new security technology solutions; designs, reviews and collaborates on the deployment of new solutions.
- Research new technology involving computer hardware and software to enhance the security posture.
- Solution validation and testing, ROI and deployment strategy; Interface with existing and new vendors relevant to Windows 10 laptop technology and security. Apply information and knowledge to an endpoint technology road map
- Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to systems administration tasks and complex projects
- Knowledge of methods that manage the distributed desktop environment including: platform OS, Group Policy, security deployment protecting corporate data and resources from virus, malware and hacking in a non-domain joined environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure security, including windows, Unix/Linux, desktop/laptop.
- Experience working with Office productivity tools and desktop management tools is desired
- Lead the definition of the direction and strategy for office services architecture/design to ensure the operational needs are being addressed against aggressive schedules.
- Lead the development of action plans to design and implement solutions required to meet the 2020 Field Mobile Lister Laptop computing environment requirements
- Designs and documents Laptop Services architecture and associated designs by analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide enhancements or improvements to Laptop Services architecture by studying current designs and determining areas for improvement.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols, architecture, requirements, and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analysing system and program changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
MCSA/MCSA, VCP, Cloud Computing, Network+
- Creates OS image/build packages, application packages and undertake OS installation/troubleshooting.
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) managing the virtual image.
- Understands AD structures, Global Policies (GPOs), User permissions
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7 — 10 and Server 2003 - 2012 R2
- Strong engineering skills in Windows server and desktop infrastructures
- Strong imaging and deployment skills
- Strong skills in patch management using WSUS and like technologies
- Automation and maintenance using Enterprise Management tools. SCCM preferred
- Software Packaging and deployment.
- Enterprise Management (SCCM, WSUS, Admin Studio)
- Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory,
- Hardware, virtualization, and enterprise storage skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of VDI and supporting technologies required for the delivery of virtual desktop services
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, schedule and execute assignments
- Strong analytical skills, with strong problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to lead moderately complex initiatives and solutions
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments such as Amazon AWS
- Experience identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project teams; and establishing project budgets.
- Experience tracking project activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Experience preparing technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Demonstrated professional and technical knowledge through participation at educational workshops; understanding of current professional publications; and evidence of established/robust personal networks
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure work is performed to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain team interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move an effort toward a common vision or goal.
- Leadership: Vision and drive to set the standard for your team and the support to enable team success. Able to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas applicable to the audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine and track process measures to deliver process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyse problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.