Tier 1 Analyst Night Back (CBP)
Task Order: TO-CBP
Req ID: Tier 1 Analyst Night Back(CBP)
Tier: Tier 2
LCAT: Info Assur/Security Spec – Mid
Shift: Night Shift Back
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The DHS CBP SOC Program has a critical need for a Tier 1 Cyber Threat Analyst. This is a full time funded position based in Alexandria, VA. This position does not have Telecommuting Options.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of cyber threats, information security, and monitoring and detection. The candidate must be familiar with TCP/IP ports and protocols, intrusion detection systems, and netflow analysis.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of a current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
- Between 1-3 years of Cyber Threat Analysis experience
- Security+ Certification or equivalent in industry certification, background and knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/UDP/IP networking, familiarity with packet analysis tools such as WireShark, and a general understanding of networking protocols similar to COMPTIA Network+