Principal Systems Engineer
Fort Meade, MD
TS/SCI w/poly REQUIRED
We are currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to support our customer in the Fort Meade / Annapolis Junction area in Maryland. The Principal SE will be responsible for conducting assessments on emerging and anticipatory technologies, perform research to horizon scan, identify, and forecast potentially disruptive technologies.
• Incorporate future technologies of interest to the customer into a comprehensive technology roadmap.
• Work with senior customer leadership to identify key emerging and disruptive technologies, and proactively communicate potential gaps and impacts to program mission objectives.
• Track maturity and adoption level of potentially disruptive and watch list topics.
• Research and update market and trends data for emerging technologies.
• Conduct target threat assessments and develop target use cases for anticipated technologies.
• Lead technical teams in the research of a specified technology and prepare reports, infographics, and briefings on the findings.
• Work with the teams to determine tasks, information sources, priority, and the time required to accomplish the implementation of technical projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience. OR
• A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty-four (24) years of general systems engineering experience.
• Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience.
• PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience.
Note 1 – Examples of Qualified Engineering Fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Note 2 – Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
• 10 + years of analyzing and leading technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
• 10 + years of analyzing system requirements and leading design and development activities for related mission operations.
• 10 + years of providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology for related mission operations.
• Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally), research, make findings, and offer recommendations to: the research team, customer, and partners.
• Ability to identify potential risks, opportunities, and issues of importance related to assigned projects
• Ability to communicate to clients, stakeholders, and senior leadership - as appropriate
• Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts and teams
• Experience incorporating new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Experience guiding users in formulating requirements, identifying alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies.
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.