Big Data Engineer
who will be contributing to projects in support of Visual Analytics system development, improvement, and expansion for a prestigious research group within a government agency located in Columbia, MD The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a small group to develop cutting-edge concepts and solutions which will further research in cooperative intelligence analysis and visual analytics. This position will let the candidate explore analysis concepts, alternatives technologies, and operational solutions.
The candidate will:
* Develops parallel data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
* Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
* Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
* Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non- relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
* Optimizes the distribution of data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories. Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.