Duties and responsibilities:
* Develops parallel data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
* Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
* Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
* Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non-relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
* Optimizes the distribution of data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories. Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
* Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
* End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
* Ensures software standards are met.
* Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
* TS/SCI with Poly
* U.S. citizenship required
* Minimum 12 years of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
* Significant experience is required in the following technologies and languages:
* Experience with distributed architectures and challenges
* Hadoop MapReduce, Java MapReduce, C++ Pipes MapReduce, or Accumulo
* Experience with analytic applications for human language technologies
* Software development experience using JIRA in an Agile development environment
* Experience with MDR-1 analytics and operations
* Experience with SIGINT applications
* Experience with machine learning, computer vision, image processing
* Experience with applying deep learning and machine learning models and techniques
* Minimal travel required for this position