Duties and responsibilities:
* Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics; novel algorithms; extremely large datasets; real- time systems; or business management information systems, based upon documented requirements.
* Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports.
* Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and the use of COTS/GOTS software in lieu of new development.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
* Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
* Ensures software standards are met.
* TS/SCI with Poly
* Citizenship U.S. citizenship
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, Human-Computer Interface design, computer graphics design, or similar
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely-related discipline required
* Travel - Minimal travel required for this position
* Experience is required in the following technologies and languages:
* Java, C++, C#
* Development of graphics applications using OpenGL, WebGL, GLSL, Unity, CUDA, and OpenCL
* Development of computer graphics and 3D modeling applications
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience developing touch- and gesture-based interactive interfaces, including interfaces that integrate interactive data analytics
* Experience with operations of multi-monitor display walls and large pixel spaces
* Experience with the Microsoft Pixelsense library
* Development of software to support sensor integration with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
* Experience with development and use of government data analysis tools
* Demonstrated success working in Agile development environments